Sunday, November 27, 2011

When Recycling Goes Wrong

 A Little Rant

There are a great many thing that should be recycled; cans, newspapers, plastics, homework, ugly gifts, clothing - but not all things should be subjected to "reimagining" or have to be remade for the sake of the public. Yeah, I'm talking to you Hollywood. It is getting more and more frustrating to look at the latest film news and see that, yet again, one of my favorite films is about to be taken apart and sloppily shoved back together in the name of updating for a new audience. I call bull. Films like Footloose, Alien, Conan, countless foreign horror all get "revamped." But in the process, the essence, the very thing that made that film wonderful gets destroyed. Dead. Even films that don't have matching titles to their originals still can barely claim to be a new film - and don't even get me started on "No Strings Attached" and "Friends With Benefits." Please stop making me have to hope that my local indie theater will get the only original films that come out. Come on writers - write! Stop recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment