Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Descendants (2011)

Director: Alexander Payne
Who's In It: George Clooney, Shailene Woodley, Amara Miller
Rotten Tomatoes Rating: 91% 
My Tag Line: Family Is The Place Truth Cant Hide

 Summary: A father now has to figure out how to deal with his two daughters now that their mother is in a coma. Of course there are personal discoveries and unrealized feelings...

The trailer for this film made it seem like it was going to be heavy - tears, long hugs, dramatic pauses, all that. But, despite the subject matter, it wasn't all that intense. I only got choked up one time - damn you George. In fact I think there were some missed opportunities for drama. No, not calling for screaming fits every other scene or dramatic revelation of family rape - not that, just amp it up a bit more. This is serious - make me feel it!

The acting was good all around. (Even that guy Sid did well.) The end left me satisfied so I say it was worth the money. 

You'll love it if ... you like seeing George Clooney's emotional side
You'll hate it if ... you are disconnected emotionally 

review by lara c.

No comments:

Post a Comment